Times are stressful these days. We have a constant stream of information in our faces, ears, eyes…everywhere. We’re getting older, we’re gaining weight and there are a lot of problems in the world that we have no idea how to solve.
Here’s the thing though: Stress is killing us. It’s making us drink more, eat more, sleep less, gain weight and feel tired all the time.
We have to deal with it.
These gut-wrenching times call for a serious intervention. If you’re feeling stress, no matter where it’s coming from, I can help you.
Go through the list below and pick one thing. Set an alarm for every hour and do that one thing (well except drinking wine…at least wait until an appropriate time).
- Pet something soft and furry (an animal…get your mind out of the gutter).
- Go outside and breathe again. Look at the sky where there are no politics, computers or kids or dogs or cat puke or anything remotely resembling stress.
- Put on your favorite song and sing it at the top of your lungs.
- Sit quietly, close your eyes and picture your favorite place in the world.
- Watch this
- Pick one drawer in your house or office and clean it out.
- If you have a smartphone, send yourself a text describing how you feel using only emojis. (see below for an example)
- Drink wine (at the appropriate time, of course, which is 5:00 but, as we all know, it’s always 5:00 somewhere)
- And, finally….exercise! You can’t be surprised that this is on the list, right? Take a walk, do some stretches, just move your body and get out of your head for a bit.
Make it a habit to do one or more of these things every single day and you may just find yourself losing weight naturally.