My name is Paige Waehner and I’m a certified personal trainer who’s been eating, sleeping and breathing exercise for almost 17 years. Yes,I am sometimes very annoying to be around, just ask my husband.
I’m originally from Nashville, but I’ve lived all over the place and have settled in Glen Ellyn, Illinois, which is just outside of Chicago. I put ketchup on my hotdogs, which is a cardinal sin here. In the south? Ketchup is like liquid gold.
Other things I’ve written:
- Author of “The About.com’s Guide to Getting in Shape”
- Co-author of “The Buzz on Exercise and Fitness”
- Author of Fabjob.com’s “Guide to Be a Personal Fitness Trainer.”
- A number Internet articles and published articles in Pregnancy Magazine, Desert Paradise, and Runner’s World.
My personal training and writing experience has given me the opportunity to explore the sometimes confusing world of exercise.
I particularly love learning about the psychology of exercise and I enjoy exploring the relationship between exercise and getting older – Primarily, why do we get fat as we get older and how do we deal with that?
It’s so interesting to me that exercise has all these benefits and we know about all these benefits, yet we still struggle with it. That’s where I like to dig my teeth in and figure out the burning question: How can I help you take care of yourself? How can I figure out a way to make this whole process something you actually want to embark upon?
Aside from that, I really love working with clients in any capacity – Face-to-face or skype-to-skype or email-to-email.
I have a husband who ignores any and all exercise advice I give him. I also have two cats, Ziggy and Milo, and a dog named Huckleberry who is roughly the size of a small horse.
Other Things I Like to Do
- Write occasional blog posts about life in general
- Listen to audiobooks
- Feel guilty about listening to audiobooks because isn’t that really cheating? I have a huge stack of books that glare at me every day.
- Play iPad games (instead of reading books)
- Feel guilty about playing iPad games.
- Write novels. I love writing fiction but seem to drop the ball when it comes to actually trying to get them published. Working on that one.
- Write fake country songs for fun.
- Drink wine
- Print out recipes I never actually make.
- Listening to the Foo Fighters