I’m talking about the absolute biggest roadblock standing in your way.
There are so many to choose from:
- Not having enough time
- Lack of support
- Not knowing what to do
- Your genetics
- Fear of failure
- Fear of injury
- The list goes on and on
😲But what if I told you that none of those things are actually your enemy?
That’s because… drumroll… the #1 thing standing in between you and your goals is:
Look, you already know this, right? I can’t even count how many times I get in my own way when I’m trying to accomplish something. Here are some of the reasons why:
- You haven’t made reaching your goals a true priority. This means you let your healthy habits slide when you’re stressed/tired/something more fun comes along.
- You have imposter syndrome. You don’t think you are worthy of your goals, which makes it easier to quit.
- You haven’t set yourself up for success. It’s super easy to get discouraged and quit when you don’t have a plan, support, accountability, etc. Here’s an example: You want to eat healthy, but you haven’t prepared anything healthy and/or you way too much ‘naughty’ foods around.
- You think you don’t have the willpower. EVERYONE (and I mean everyone) struggles from time to time. But when you know WHY your goal matters to you, it’s easier to overcome those struggles. And here’s something else: It’s not willpower that helps you reach your goal. In essence, willpower is the ability to resist short-term temptations to reach long-term goals. This is a limited resource and it will be depleted, so there’s nothing wrong when each choice gets harder. Decision fatigue is real!
- You let one “slip” derail you. No one is perfect 24/7. The people who reach their goals get up after a slip-up, dust themselves off, figure out what went wrong, and get back at it.
Those are just a few off the top of my head. There are dozens more.
💡BUT… knowing yourself and being aware of the ways that YOU tend to get in your own way, will help you to become even stronger.
What would happen if the next time you sabotaged yourself, you took some real time to think about the reasons why – without beating yourself up for it?
“Know that you are your greatest enemy, but also your greatest friend.” – Jeremy Taylor.
Your mindset makes all the difference!
Taking some real time to explore it – whether you do it by journaling, working with a coach, or talking with a trusted mentor or friend – can help you reconnect with the reasons your goals matter to you.
Because when your mindset is right, you can overcome just about any obstacle that is standing in your way.
Do you agree? Disagree? Let me know in the comments. ⬇️⬇️⬇️