6-Day Healthy Eating Challenge – Day 6
Welcome to the very last day of this challenge – However you got here and whatever you accomplished:
For your last challenge, you’re going to take everything you’ve learned and you’re going to do ALL the challenges in one day!
Okay, put your eyeballs back in. I’m totally kidding.
Remember, the point of this challenge, and the point of making changes, is to set achievable goals. Doing everything at once is only going to make your head explode and we have enough of that in other parts of our lives.
No, this week’s challenge is actually very simple and a way for us to wrap up this entire program with a pretty pink bow.
Your Day 6 Challenge – Pick One Challenge and Make a Plan
What You Need:
- Your brain
- Paper and a writing implement
Make a Change
You’ve spent the last couple of weeks going through a variety of components of creating a healthy diet, from measuring stuff to paying attention to what you’re eating.
You’ve experimented with each of these and gotten a sense of what it takes to do those things on a regular basis. Some of them require more time and energy than others. Depending on what’s going on in your life and what you can give right now, some challenges are harder than others.
So, for your last challenge you’re going to pick one and make a plan for how to implement it into your life. How you choose is up to you. You can choose one you struggled with so you can do better at it, or you can choose an easy one. There’s no right answer here…The only rule is to pick one you know you can do with some type of frequency. Remember your choices:
- Measuring your food
- Portion control
- Mindul Eating
- Meal planning/prep
- Eating more vegetables
Choose one and then sit down and make a plan for how you’ll start making it a habit. For example, if it were me I would pick meal planning and prep because I constantly struggle with that. To avoid overwhelming myself, I would make my plan like this:
Every Sunday, I’m going to set aside a half hour and plan meals for 3 dinners in the coming week. I’m going to double each recipe so I can have the leftovers for lunch. I’ll make the grocery list and then hit the store the next day.
Now I have lunch and dinner all planned for 3 whole days – That’s 3 days I’m going to eat healthy meals. For me? That’s huge! Each week is different so I might not be able to do this every single week. But that’s not the point. The point is to bring planning into my schedule on a regular basis, even if it’s just for one meal.
Here’s how to start:
- Noodle on it – Look at your calendar, your schedule, your life and think about the challenges. What’s a reasonable amount of frequency to get this done? For example, if you decided to eat more veggies, you may not want to do that every day – but what about 2 days a week? Pick those days, put those veggies on your grocery list and there you go.
- Plan It – Write out all the steps you need to implement your plan and when you’ll do it.
- Do it
- Reward yourself
Why This Works
Creating a habit requires practice and practice means, well, you have to keep doing something until that Sunday morning planning session is all just part of what you do that day. Every small step you take in the right direction leads to all the things you want, first and foremost:
- Not feeling sh**ty about yourself
- Feeling in control
- Knowing you can actually do this
- Building your confidence
Think about all the things you’ve done in the past couple of weeks and ponder these thoughts and ideas:
- Did you complete all of the challenges? If you missed some, why? Try to look at it from an objective point of view, not from a place of punishment. List the facts: What made you avoid those challenges?
- If you did do all of the challenges, which ones were easy? Which ones were hard?
- Do you feel like any of the challenges encouraged you to eat healthier food?
- Did you like any of the challenges? (it’s okay if you didn’t)
- How can you reward yourself for doing a good job?
To finish up, here’s your 6 Day Healthy Eating Challenge Checklist so you can see
So, you did it! You should be so proud of yourself…I am! And I would be so thrilled to hear from you about this challenge or anything else. How did it go for you?
Do you need more help or have questions for me? Do you have any suggestions or other feedback that might help make it better? Email me and let’s discuss.
Because you made it all the way to the end, there’s one more bonus:
This a week’s worth of healthy recipes along with a shopping list.
Use this any way you like – Take the recipes and try them, pick one meal to make each week, or follow the whole thing as is. It’s just an extra resource for when you need some ideas.
There you have it! If you’re ready for more, try:
- 7-Day Challenge