Day 5 – Circuit Training, Water, and Tension and Anxiety
We’re on the last day of the challenge – how’s it going so far? If you’re struggling, reach out to me or our Facebook Group. That’s what we’re there for!
I saved the best for last with one of the best workouts for losing belly fat: circuit training. We’re also going to work on your hydration, and? We’re going to tackle your tension, anxiety, and stress with some very specific tips.
Challenge #1: Circuit Training
If you really want to get the best bang for your buck with exercise, you can’t go wrong with circuit training. You go from one exercise to the next with little or no rest in between. This relieves boredom and helps you burn more calories and lose more weight.
Challenge #2: Water
You know you’re supposed to stay hydrated all day, but can water help you lose belly fat? It doesn’t directly target belly fat – It’s water, not a miracle liquid – oh, if it only were, right? But, water can make you feel full.
Also, staying hydrated means you have a strong, energetic body – Being dehydrated actually makes you feel tired and it can even mimic the feeling of being hungry.
Drink 1 glass of water before every meal and snack today. Do it tomorrow and the next day and you’re starting a habit that can help you permanently lose weight.
For the record, women should drink up to 9 cups while men should drink up to 13. Happy peeing!
There’s an App for That
Challenge 3: Tackling Tension, and Anxiety
We all know how miserable it is to feel tense and anxious. Then you start feeling pressure to do things when your mind is all over the place.
You know what else is miserable? The extra belly fat that comes with it.
When you feel tension today, you’re going to control it:
When you feel tense:
- Recognize when you’re feeling anxious, worried, or stressed. If you find yourself rushing through a project, multitasking or getting lost in the abyss of Facebook, that’s a good sign you’re stressed.
- Take a deep breath and do at least ONE of the following (although more is better):
- Walk around
- Close your eyes and breathe
- Take a walk outside
- Listen to your favorite song
- Watch a funny youtube video
- Change your environment – Go into a different room or even go for a drive if you can
- Call or text a friend
- Write down what’s bugging you
- Have some wine (did I say that?)