Bye-Bye Belly: Total Body Dumbbell 1 Easy Start
For your first strength training workouts, you’ll do a variety of classic strength training exercises, one after the other, that will work your entire body. These moves will help you build a strong foundation while working on strength, endurance and building some good old lean muscle tissue.
You can repeat the circuit once or twice, depending on how you feel and how long you want to exercise. Here’s what you need to know about how to choose your weights.
What You Need
Various weighted dumbbells (from 5-15 lbs), a chair and an exercise ball
Scroll to the following times if you want to skip ahead:
Circuit 1: 4:57
Circuit 2: 17:18
Cool down: 26:52
Remember These Tips
If it’s been a long time since you lifted weights or you’re totally new to this, it’s normal to feel a little awkward with some moves. Here are some tips:
- Go slow and focus on form – It’s more important to get the moves right than it is to lift a lot of weight.
- Use the modifications – I offer different versions of each move to make them easier or harder.
- Use the pause and rewind button – It’s okay to stop and rest if you need it or to review an exercise.
- Email me if you’re having any problems. That’s why I’m here. I can help you with form, substitutes or anything else you need.
- Celebrate – You showed up and tried your best. That deserves something